Sunday, May 18, 2014

Why I No Longer Believe We Went to the Moon

Watching 'Dark Side of the Moon' and other documentaries I have to admit I came away convinced, we did not go to the moon, it couldn't have happened and we couldn't do it today with existing technology. You can watch the film for yourself (on Netflix Streaming) or ignore it, either way. But it got me thinking about my area of expertise, television.

Have you ever seen a TV camera from 1969? They're big, heavy, bulky things that couldn't even transmit a signal to the engineer's booth just a few feet away. They required big, thick cables to get the signal from the studio floor to the director. How could the astronauts beam a signal back to Earth? It took a massive tower to broadcast a TV signal for a single county alone.


More on the Moon images:

No comments:

Post a Comment